Pages

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Three Days Left

My goodness time flies!  It is so weird to think that in three days, I will be on a plane to Korea to start my adventure as an EPIK English teacher.  If my room wasn't so stripped bare of everything and I wasn't constantly receiving updates from our Facebook EPIK teacher group about orientation and flight plans, I don't think it would have even really sunk in that I'm leaving despite the merry-go-round of farewells, packing, farewells and more packing.


In the midst of all this, I feel like my emotions have also gone for a turn and I'm just a hotbed of feelings - excited and eager to go when talking with other teachers who are going, stressed out because I haven't read my pre-orientation materials clearly, nervous about finding out which school I'm placed in and who I'll be co-teaching with, sad about leaving friends behind and missing out on what happens here, a little guilty because I didn't get to see my Adelaide people and also strangely pre-mourning the great weather.  Don't get me wrong, I love the whole idea of 'four distinct seasons' in Korea and am very much looking forward to experiencing the gorgeous autumn foliage in the near future but I have only recently started to appreciate the consistent mild climate of Sydney and will be disappointed to leave it behind.

I've also been recuperating from a random resurgence of asthma coughing which left me house-ridden for almost two weeks.  It was an awful time, let me tell you, and it would be something I would wish only on my worst enemy.  There's still the odd coughing fit now and again at the moment and for some reason, my nose has been taken hostage and I can't stop sneezing and sniffling.  But oh well! I'm just thankful that the majority of the asthma has passed and that I'm leaving in three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment